Workshop facilitators needed for children’s climate action campaign
A chance for you to inspire children and their families to take action on climate change by reducing their carbon footprints and leading a more climate-friendly lifestyle. All resources and training provided.
What will you be doing?
You will go to a primary school in London to deliver a workshop programme about climate change/carbon footprints and inspire the children to start taking action on climate change! More specifically, this involves:
– Undertaking a short training to gain familiarity with the workshop materials (this can be done remotely).
– Delivery of a programme of workshops (five in total, each lasting one hour) during school hours. (You won’t manage the students alone – the teacher remains with you the whole time).
– Providing feedback to Climate Ed about the effectiveness of the programme.
– Conducting a follow-up evaluation with the workshop participants two months after the end of the programme to see how much CO2 they have saved.
We are looking for:
– People who have previous experience either as teachers or workshop facilitators, ideally but not essentially with young people.
– People who are knowledgeable about climate change (and related environmental/sustainability issues), keen to share their knowledge with others, and are able to inspire children to inspire their families to reduce their carbon footprints.
– People who enjoy interacting with children and answering their questions.
We require volunteers to be aged 18 or over. Climate Ed has a robust safeguarding policy and all volunteers are thoroughly vetted and require a DBS check.
Ealing, London, UK