Age UK Ealing
Age UK is the UK’s largest charity working with and for older people. Age UK Ealing’s mission is to promote the wellbeing of all older people in Ealing and empower them to achieve full quality of life. We provide a range of support services for older people in the London Borough of Ealing including Information and Advice Service, Day Centre, Befriending and Digital Inclusion. We also run Greenford Community Centre, where our office and services are based alongside a range of other community activities.
There are lots of different ways that you can get involved with Age UK and make a difference to the lives of older people. Age UK Ealing have a range of volunteering opportunities available. All of the roles are flexible, but structured.
We will cover agreed out-of-pocket expenses for volunteers (including travel costs). We provide insurance cover whilst volunteering with us. All roles are offered subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and we can help you to obtain a free DBS certificate.
- Customer service volunteer for volunteers aged 18 and over who live, work or study in the London Borough of Ealing – first point of contact for all clients – this is a key volunteering role which makes a huge contribution to the work of Age UK Ealing. You will help us to provide a welcoming voice on the telephone and help us to manage an effective referral process for enquiries at our Lido Centre Ealing office or at Greenford Community Centre office during weekdays between 10am & 4pm.
- IT digital inclusion champion for volunteers aged 18 and over who live, work or study in the London Borough of Ealing – Thursdays and Fridays am, pm or all day from 10am-4pm based at our office at Greenford Community Centre. To provide IT and digital coaching/training to older people who are inexperienced with digital devices and to those that are digitally excluded from accessing online services.
- Volunteer driver for volunteers aged 18 and over who live, work or study in the London Borough of Ealing with their own car – providing transport for our lunchtime food collection on Mondays and/or Thursdays for one hour from Northfields Avenue in Ealing promptly to our Day Centres at Greenford Community Centre and do the reverse journey returning the empty boxes.to Bronek’s. Must be able to produce the relevant documentation: driving licence, car insurance for business purposes, MOT etc.
- Neighbourly connector (befriending home visiting) for volunteers aged 18 and over who live, work or study in the London Borough of Ealing – a minimum one hour on weekdays or weekends between 10am-5pm. An enhanced DBS police check certificate will be required. An important and highly valued role, which aims to provide companionship, and to help combat loneliness and social isolation among older and vulnerable members of our community.
- Telephone befrienders for volunteers aged 18 and over who live, work or study in the London Borough of Ealing – home based for a minimum of 1/2 hour to one hour per week on weekdays or weekends or office based at Greenford Community Centre during weekdays only between Monday-Friday between 10am-4pm. To provide telephone companionship, to combat loneliness and social isolation.
- Receptionist at Greenford Community Centre for volunteers aged 18 and over who live, work or study in the London Borough of Ealing – To be a welcoming face and first point of contact to help us manage enquiries from visitors and clients. 3-4 hours per week on a dedicated weekday, between 10am-4pm.
- Fundraising volunteer for volunteers 16 and over – minimum two hours at various locations and events on weekdays or weekends between 10am-5pm – helping Age UK Ealing to raise vital funds, working outdoors in our community with at least one other volunteer together in pairs or more in different shop locations, manning a stall and collecting donations.
Greenford Community Centre, 170 Oldfield Lane South, Greenford UB6 9JS, UK