This information was added on 23/05/2023 and last updated on: 17/10/2023
The Charity’s object is “to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation and creative, educational activities for children and young people in the interests of social welfare and in order to improve their quality of life.”
A.P.P.L.E support children, young people and their families living in disadvantaged circumstances or experiencing difficulties in their lives by providing free, open access, recreational, educational and creative activities in out-of-school hours. Through our activities and the safe space we create, our children and young people gain life and work skills, confidence and resourcefulness. We aim to inspire; we work on building long term relationships, developing resourcefulness and resilience in our young people and encouraging them to make positive choices at every stage of their lives.
Activities include: –
- Art – individual and group projects. 2 x after school art clubs with 1x local primary school and Tuesday Drop-in. Drop-in sessions between 2 to 4 times a week depending on the projects.
Community creative projects, for example, Acton Park Tree Trail, Acton Carnival.
- Sports and outdoor play – a mixture of formal sports and active play to encourage fitness. Including-football, table tennis, skateboarding, BMX, croquet, tug-o-war, yoga, dancercise, cricket, basketball, skipping, water games, dodge ball, hula hooping, climbing and more.
- Cooking, Eating Together and Gardening – we provide food at every session. We run a comprehensive food programme addressing all aspects that effect families from food insecurity and school holiday meals, healthy eating for children and young people (reducing sugar, reducing meat, eating more veg), learning to cook (shopping./ time management/ budgeting) eating together, hospitality
- Family Support – providing food give-aways on Tuesday to families who need extra, inclusive session for parents/carers with under 8’s, free play, activities and events supporting low income families.
- Community Events – our base in Acton Park is in the heart of the local community and we regularly put on and get involved in community events, for example, The Summer Party and Acton Carnival.
The ARTBLOCK, Acton Park, East Acton Lane, Acton W37LJ