Independent member of Ealing Council Standards Committee
We are looking for an independent person to work with us in relation to complaints made about local councillors. The council has a duty to promote and maintain high standards of conduct by its councillors.
Volunteers should be:
- Resident or working in the borough
- Familiar with ethical dilemmas
- Able to demonstrate sound analytical, questioning and interpersonal skills
- Genuinely interested in local government.
The independent people needed will have to give their views on the most serious complaints made against Ealing councillors, before a final decision is made on how to deal with those complaints. Training will be provided.
The following people are not eligible:
- A member, co-opted, or independent member, or employee of Ealing Council within the last five years
- A relative or close friend of a member or employee of Ealing Council.
You can apply for the role until 4 January 2022. The appointment will be for a term of five years and unpaid.
Ealing Town Hall, New Broadway, Ealing W5 2BY