If you have unwanted, and in good condition items around the house why not donate these to a neighbour in need.
Community Facebook pages
There are numerous community groups where members often advertise furniture and household items they are looking to donate. We have included a list of known groups in the local area, however we encourage you to use any community groups you are aware of.
- Hanwell Friends
- Residents of Walpole, Lammas and Northfields Area
- West Ealing Friends
- Northolt and Greenford Friends
- Pitshanger Area Friends
- Northfields Friends
- West Ealing Neighbours
- St Stephen’s Area Neighbours
Disclaimer: Ealing Council take no responsibility for the condition of items advertised. It is the customers responsibility to check the condition of any items or furniture before accepting the item.
When donating, or collecting an item, please be aware of your personal safety and keep in mind what information you are posting. A number of tips include:
- Do not post personal information, such as your phone number or address in the public space. If you are donating / collecting an item and need to give these details to anyone, make sure you do this in a private message.
- Be mindful of who you are letting into your house and don’t let anyone in if you are home alone. If you have someone collecting or dropping off an item, try and have the item ready for them at the front door.
- Be aware of what is in the background of any pictures you post. Remove any photos or valuable items that may be seen.